Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Book in the work, readers wanted

Hi all,
I'm working on a new Christianity book. This one will be softer, easier, and shorter than TGYNH. It is, in fact, structured like a small group study devoted to understanding how apostolic Christians conceived of their own faith.

The aim is to help people read the New Testament in context, but it also has a separate set of questions for those more interested in seeing their own faith journey in this context as well.

Right now it is just a word document. If anyone is interested in taking a read (and is willing to make comments and note typos or other things that need to be changed or clarified), please email me. [you can contact me by clicking on my "profile" in the sidebar.]

The book is about 1/3 as much text as TGYNH, about 100 small book pages.

7 comments:

Abigael said...

Wow! This Blog is great. Just like Kim Clement. Kim Clement is an expression that has defined “the prophet” for the modern era. This has made his journey unique; a journey that has taken his inspired message to schools and colleges, churches and synagogues, alleyways and prison cells. Kim’s prophetic gift is a magnet that has drawn a broad audience, as he has whispered to kings and inspired prisoners, his path through life continues to be an exciting adventure.

Abigail

Jennifer Brien said...

I'd like to read it, but I'm looking at your profile, and I don't see any contact address. What am I missing?

David Rudel said...

Jenny,
Oops...looks like I'm the one "missing something."

I thought my contact page displayed an email contact, but it didn't.

I have fixed it now. If you click "view my complete profile," you should see an "email me" link.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Anonymous said...

Are you reading the Apostolic (pre-Nicene) Fathers, Didache, Eusebius, etc?

Dana

David Rudel said...

Yep,
Justin Martyr, Ignatius, Didache, Clement, Irenaeus, etc. However, I am mostly trying to get at pre 135 AD beliefs.

Not so much "doctrines" as much as "conception of their faith."

Monster said...

I haven't been reading your blog since 2009, and just read this today. Any updates on this? I'd be interested in reading it, but there's no email link in your profile.

David Rudel said...

Hi there. You an email me at David at zukertort dot com. I'm still looking for readers.