Friday, October 3, 2008

Prosperity Gospel and the Bailout

An interesting story on Time.com discusses churches subscribing to the "Prosperity Gospel" in the wake of the economic situation.

Am I the only who thinks that if God wanted you to have a house, God could manage to provide it without making you go into debt for 30 years?

I find it hard to believe that the Lord of the Universe is so strapped for cash as to refer recipients of divine favor to the nearest B of A. On the other hand, I realize my "radical" view that Christians should avoid acquiring possessions so valuable as to require borrowing is not held by many.

1 comment:

sweetdreams said...

You are not alone. My wife and I believe that our goal is to end our years with so few possessions as to be content with food and clothing. We have a long way to go, but Jesus indicates that giving is the way to life and getting is the way to death.